DALLAS, TX – February 10, 2022 – Credit union mortgage services provider, CU Members Mortgage, a division of Colonial Savings F.A., launched Encompass® by ICE Mortgage Technology, a suite of comprehensive mortgage technology solutions designed to enhance program offerings, streamline processes and further advance the member experience.
CU Members Mortgage has operated on one loan origination system (LOS) for many years.
“Over the years, we’ve watched fin-tech soar. From online mortgage applications to automated underwriting and even digital closings, every part of the mortgage process continues to evolve creating new efficiencies,” said Senior Vice-President of CU Members Mortgage Steve Hewins. “We’ve spent the last few years exploring them all in great detail and have decided on a clear path forward to continue to deliver a robust mortgage solution.”
Encompass® by ICE Mortgage Technology is a comprehensive all-in-one system that is driven with artificial intelligence embedded throughout to increase response and ultimately deliver a better borrower experience. Credit Unions working with CU Members Mortgage will use three distinct platforms through Encompass: Consumer Connect as the point-of-sale, LO Connect as a Loan Origination System (LOS) and TPO Connect as a dedicated third party originator platform.
Selecting this resource was essential to meeting two goals:
1. Proactively address the current evolving lending environment and credit union needs.
2. Offset the increasing complexity of mortgage lending by simplifying and standardizing processes using a state-of-the-art technology resource.
With these designated Encompass® platforms, CU Members Mortgage is able to reach these goals and help Credit Unions maximize their mortgage lending potential and deliver better member experiences with:
– Consumer Connect – a robust point-of-sale solution where borrowers can easily complete an online mortgage application, instantly engage with their loan officer and securely upload and eSign documents.
– LO Connect – a web-based system for Loan Officers to leverage data and automation to maximize productivity across their entire workflow from anywhere, at any time.
– TPO Connect – a web-based portal that easily allows Credit Unions to collaborate on loans for underwriting and closing expertise.
“With 40 years of credit union mortgage lending experience, we understand the industry never sits still. As the needs of members and credit unions evolve, we strive to provide the most innovative relationships to deliver superior lending solutions,” said Hewins. “This latest enhancement will take our lending solutions to the next level where credit unions will excel in providing the premier lending experience with the most advanced technology solutions. At the end of the day, we want to deliver more benefits with fewer difficulties at the lowest possible cost and help credit union members achieve their dreams of sustainable home ownership and with these changes I feel confident we will be able to do that and more.”
About CU Members Mortgage
Established in 1982 as a division of Colonial Savings, a federally chartered thrift, Dallas-based CU Members Mortgage provides comprehensive mortgage services to credit unions and CUSOs. CU Members Mortgage originates FHA, VA, and conventional loans nationwide. With a portfolio of $20 billion, Colonial is one of the largest servicers of mortgage loans in the United States. The company is privately held and has offices located nationwide. For more information, visit www.cumembers.com.